Following a survey of 250+ Men on DatingAgency.com we’ve found some interesting thoughts about online dating:
Infograph Provided by DatingAgency.com
- Men and women are both turned off by online dating profiles with no pictures out of all – it’s the biggest pet hate of online daters.
- Men are more prolific at approaching women than vice versa, with the majority of men (28%) sending more than 15 messages in the last 6 months, compared with the majority of women (23%) sending just 4-8.
- Men value humour, while women value honesty the most (both 10%).
- The majority of men (29%) seek women who are at least 2-4 years younger than themselves, while the majority of women look for men who are as closely matched to their age as possible.
- The majority of men (18%) prefer to go for drinks on a first date, while the majority of women (23%) prefer to go for dinner.
- Men (65%) and women (70%) both prefer dating during the daytime when meeting someone for the first time, in almost equal measures.
- Men (47%) and women (43%) both opt to scan the other person’s profile and relate to their interests when messaging for the first time.
- The majority of men (26%) answered ‘What have I got to lose’ when asked why they decided to try an online dating site, while women (24%) felt it would allow them to be more selective.
- Both men and women are most wary of cost before signing up to an online dating site.
- Only 19% of men take salary into account when looking for a partner while 43% of women take salary into account. Those men who did consider salary were lookingfor someone with a salary of, ideally, 21-30k, while those women who did were happy with someone earning 15-20k.
- 13% of men and 8% of women admitted to having lied on their dating profiles, and in both cases, it was about their age